Opawica is a junior Canadian exploration company with a strong portfolio of precious and base metal properties within the Rouyn-Noranda region of the Abitibi Gold Belt in Québec and Newfoundland. The Company’s management has a great track record in discovering and developing successful exploration projects. The Company’s objective is to increase shareholder value through the development of exploration properties using cost effective exploration practices, acquiring further exploration properties, and seeking partnerships by either joint venture or sale with industry leaders.
occurs along one of the most prolific auriferous structures in the world, the Cadillac-Larder Lake Break/Fault. The most prolific gold mining sections of the Cadillac Fault lies immediately east
- Abitibi is the world’s largest mineral-rich greenstone geological belt, hosting many major gold and base metal deposits.
- 450×50 km through the Canadian Shield, from west of Timmins, Ontario, then eastward to Chibougamau, Québec.
- Gold was found in the area in the late 1800’s,
- >100 mines have produced in excess of 170 million oz of gold old.
- Most of the major gold mines in the Abitibi are shear-hosted quartz-carbonate vein deposits associated with the major crustal-scale fault zones