Vancouver, B.C. – December 29th, 2021 – Opawica Explorations Inc. (TSXV: OPW) (FSE: A2PEAD) (OTCQB: OPWEF) (the “Company” or “Opawica”) reports a review of the 2021 exploration achievements to date.
Dear Fellow Shareholders & Investors,
I am extremely pleased to share with you the progress that the Opawica Explorations Inc. team has achieved this year. I also want to thank you all for your continued support in our corporate vision and management team.
Our objective is to build and grow a company with significant exploration upside resulting in an increase in value for our investors. I am pleased to confirm we have achieved significant accomplishments in a fleeting period. And Opawica is just getting started! 2022 is lining up to be our most exciting year to date. We will be continuing our drill campaign on the Bazooka Property, which is already progressing better than expected. We will also be drilling our Arrowhead property in the coming months. But, it doesn’t end there; exploration will kick off again in Newfoundland as we push towards drilling in that region.
We are looking forward to an exciting 2022 and are delighted to have you all on board!
- Identification of 39 High Priority drill targets on our Bazooka Property.
- Successfully permitted the Bazooka drill holes
- Commencement of Drilling on the Bazooka Property
- Oversubscribed Private Placement; raising a total of $5.28million
- Completion of an additional $2 million dollars of Flow Through Shares @ $0.55
- Acquisition of 6 projects covering over 390 square kilometres in Newfoundland.
- Successful cross border listing on the OTCQB
- Engaged the services of GoldSpot Discoveries Corp. AI Machine Learning
- Completion of a 384-line-kilometer geophysical survey on our Bazooka asset, contiguous to the south of the Wasamac deposit*, covering the vast extent of the shear zones governing mineralization on the greenstone belt.
- Completion of a 2-D deep seismic program on our Arrowhead property that is encircled by Agnico Eagle Mines Limited.
- Charter membership in the Newfoundland Gold Strategic Alliance group.
- Preparation of initial geological samples in Newfoundland, analysis and interpretation ongoing.
- Established strong communications with the first nations, and local contractors to make a successful project for all stakeholders going forward.
- Historical data compilation and direction identified for future exploration on our lode gold targets in Rouyn-Noranda.
Current Exploration Activities:
- Up to 9,000m of drilling on the Bazooka Property.
- Logged and sampled over 1,400m of Bazooka drill core to date.
- Continuing the acquisition data from historical sources from government and previous exploration efforts on our portfolio.
- Waiting for processed 2D Seismic data on the Arrowhead Property which will contribute to substantiate anomalies, further extend geophysical structures, and identify strike potential associated with mineralization.
Follow up plans:
- Start to develop geological models and geological targets based on the data acquired to date from drilling, geophysics, and AI Machine Learning.
- Using our drill results on Bazooka, the 2D Seismic data, Interpretation geophysical data to develop strong targets.
- 2022 sampling based on hits from the Newfoundland sample results completed in the fall.
The continued development of corporate assets is a value generating event for Opawica shareholders. Our overall plan is to maximize value through the growth of our identified assets which will include the allocation of additional funds into the Rouyn-Noranda camp and the Rogerson corridor. We anticipate identifying substantial drill targets to bring to market with the strategy of understanding of the gold mineralization.
I am enormously excited to be working closely with our team and management to advance all our projects. The immediate focus is on the Bazooka and Arrowhead Properties which are projects of considerable merit. I am extremely optimistic with our abilities to advance our projects while enhancing the value proposition for all stakeholders.
Blake Morgan | CEO | President
About Opawica Explorations Inc.
Opawica Explorations Inc. is a junior Canadian exploration company with a strong portfolio of precious and base metal properties within the Rouyn-Noranda region of the Abitibi Gold Belt in Québec and in Central Newfoundland and Labrador. The Company’s management has a great track record in discovering and developing successful exploration projects. The Company’s objective is to increase shareholder value through the development of exploration properties using cost effective exploration practices, acquiring further exploration properties, and seeking partnerships by either joint venture or sale with industry leaders.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
President and Chief Executive Officer
Opawica Explorations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Service Provider (as the term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy of accuracy of this news release.
This news release contains certain forward-looking statements, which relate to future events or future performance and reflect management’s current expectations and assumptions. Such forward-looking statements reflect management’s current beliefs and are based on assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are neither promises nor guarantees, and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ materially from those expected including, but not limited to, market conditions, availability of financing, actual results of the Company’s exploration and other activities, environmental risks, future metal prices, operating risks, accidents, labor issues, delays in obtaining governmental approvals and permits, and other risks in the mining industry. All the forward-looking statements made in this news release are qualified by these cautionary statements and those in our continuous disclosure filings available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof and the Company does not assume any obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances save as required by applicable law.