- Agnico Eagle is a major gold producer of Abitibi area, with just over 875,000 ounces of gold produced in 2019†. The nearest mine to Arrowhead Property was the Mouska mine located 8 km to east.
- Agnico Eagle fully surrounds the Arrowhead property and has recently conducted a significant drilling campaign to the west and north.
- Previous drill holes on the property intercepted 40 gold-copper mineralized zones, enhancing the potential for quartz-carbonate auriferous veins associated with E-V trending faults on the shear zone
- Fine Visible gold throughout the historical drilling and on surface.
- Surrounded by Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd.
- Geochemistry survey conducted in 2015 shows favorable geochemical signatures and rock alteration on the property
- New mineralized veins are thought to exist as a result of previous exploration work conducted – modern exploration techniques are needed to prove their economic potential
- Mineralized intercepts enhance the property’s potential for multiple types of mineralization:
- Gold-rich VMS deposits like at Boursquet #2 and LA Ronde Gold Mine
- Gold-rich plymetallic veins, like at Doyan and Mouska gold mines
- Quartz-carbonate auriferous veins associated with regional E-W trending faults and sheer zones
- Two quartz-carbonate veins have been found on the property known as veins “A” & “B” and dip steeply to the north, parallel to schistosity.
- New mineralized veins are thought to exist as a result of previous exploration work conducted – modern exploration techniques are needed to prove their economic potential.
Twenty five Rhyolite rock samples were plotted up using seven different geochemical alteration indexes
- PER-GH index
- Ishikawa index
- Sericite index
- Chlorite index
- Alkali index
- Spitz-Darling index
- CCPI (Chlorite Carbonate Pyrite Index)
Rhyolite outcrops sampled are favourable for the discovery of mineralization at depth